DII Member Terms and Conditions
By creating an account and joining this member community, members agree to have read and will follow the following terms and conditions. Questions should be directed to the Contact Us link on this site.
Defense Industry Initiative (“DII”) does not actively monitor this site for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these terms and conditions.
This site is provided as a service for the members of the DII. DII is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by its members. DII disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by DII or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall DII be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Use of Information
Posting party grants DII and members of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or material. Any member who duplicates, re-transmits, redistributes or otherwise uses information on this website shall be solely responsible for any violations of copyright, proprietary or other personal right, including libel or slander, or any other personal injury, and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold DII harmless from any loss or damage, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of any claim or proceeding instituted on the grounds that any of the foregoing rights have been violated.
Posting of Information
By submitting, posting or displaying any content, information, data, text, software, audio, video, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (“User Submitted Content”) on the site, you grant DII an irrevocable, royalty free, sublicensable, assignable and transferable right to display, use, reproduce, publish, alter, and manipulate, in whole or in part, via any medium, and by whatever means, the User Submitted Content for any purpose. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Submitted Content that you submit.
You shall not distribute on or through this site any postings containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without the express written permission of DII. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in any interactive areas of this site, where appropriate you may recommend third party web sites, goods or services so long as you have no financial interest in and receive no direct or indirect benefit from such recommendation. In no event may any person or entity solicit anyone with data retrieved from this site.
Information should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Information that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Any personal information members provide to DII, including or similar to name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
Additionally, although the intent of this site is to connect with other members, DII gives members practical options to hide personal information and remove themselves from participation in certain interactive areas of the site.
Our Service Providers
We may share member personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern member use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Risks of Internet Use
While DII will do its best to protect member personal information, DII cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to DII. Members are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
- Respect others. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals. Do not post items that can NOT be reused or shared.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that is personally created or with permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. Also, do not post any information protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Post member message or documents only to the appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- State concisely and clearly the topic of member comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to member posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in the message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change member settings or request assistance from the Contact Us link on this site